Cardholders contact their card issuer to inquire about a purchase or to gather additional information, prompting the issuer to identify the transaction and request information. Chargebackhit validates the merchant’s enrollment in Order Insight or Consumer Clarity, requests the order details, and routes the request directly to the merchant, who retrieves the order details from their database and returns them via API response, which is then sent back to the issuer for review with the cardholder to determine the legitimacy of the transaction and the need for a dispute.
- When cardholders inquire about a purchase, the card issuer requests information about the transaction.
- Chargebackhit validates whether the merchant is enrolled in Order Insight or Consumer Clarity.
- Chargebackhit requests the retrieval of order details from the merchant.
- Chargebackhit routes the request directly to the merchant.
- The merchant retrieves order details from their database.
- The merchant returns the order details via API response.
- Chargebackhit sends the raw data back to the issuer.
- The card issuer reviews the information with the cardholder to determine whether the transaction was legitimate or if a dispute is necessary.